Web masters or web designer or anybody who want to get his/her website often go through this dilemma while choosing the suitable hosting service for his website. There are lots of companies providing very lucrative offers that makes it hard to decide which one to opt for.
Hosting service of any type be it shared hosting or vps or dedicated hosting is comprised of mainly following features :-
- Disk Space
- Entry Processes
Here is a detailed explanation and diffidence between shared hosting, traditional VPS, Cloud VPS and dedicated hosting.
Shared hosting is on the bottom of hosting services and comes very cheap but you have to compromise on speed, efficiency and robustness. Shared hosting is best for beginners who wants to try first hand on experience on web hosting .
- Shared hosting are the cheapest, you can them for $1 per month.
- You will have to compromise on speed and resources.
- The server you are using is also shared by several others on the same IP.
- Resources used by other will affect your website and vice versa.
VPS or (Virtual Private Server ) are a little more expensive than shared hosting and of-course gives higher performances. With VPS hosting we are splitting up a dedicated server among several people. You can think of it as booking a room in the hotel, hotel being the dedicated server. The resources you can use is confined to that room. Depending on your purchase resources like CPU, RAM and disk space will be allocated to you.
- VPS are more powerful than shared hosting in terms of server resources.
- VPS are slightly more expensive than shared hosting.
- You pay for what you use. You can choose your own configuration of resources and pay only for that.
- You have the flexibility of increasing or decreasing your resources depending on the demand.
- The server is owned by the provider.
With dedicated hosting you literary own the server and all the resources of that the belongs to you. Dedicated hosting is used to host website with large number of visitor. Your resources are not shared with anybody.
- Highest performance
- Most expensive
- You won the server and the resources are confined to you only.
- You can install any application you want.
- A dedicated hosting requires more technical knowledge to maintain.