In India, the National Doctors’ Day is celebrated on July 1 all over the country.
This is celebrated as doctors’ Day to honor legendary physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
He was born on July 1, 1882, and died on the same date in 1962, aged 80 years. Govt of India honored Dr. Roy with the country’s highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna on February 4, 1961.
Doctor’s Day Significance
The 1st of July is recognized by govt of India as Doctors’ day. This was established in the year 1991. This day is celebrated by doctors and their role in the country’s development. National Doctors day in India is a big awareness campaign offering great opportunities to all to get aware of the roles, importance, and responsibilities of the doctors.
This also promotes medical professionals to come together and follow the responsibilities of their profession very dedicatedly.
Post for Social Media
National Doctors Day Quotes 2020
1. Not all superheroes wear capes, Some walk around with Stethoscope too.
2. Patients don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
3. DOCTORS ARE THE REAL HEROS OF THE REAL WORLD
4.Thank you for dedicatedly helping us spread the gift of Health
5.Thanks for your tireless efforts to make mankind healthy.
6. A doctor is surrounded by people who are sick, discouraged, afraid, embittered, dying – but he has to be courageous, loving, wise, compassionate and alive.
7.Our sincere thanks to the professionals who work tirelessly to make sure everyone lives life healthy.
8.Big thanks for spreading the smile.
9.A heartfelt thanks to our doctors for the care they provide every day.
10. A doctor’s comforting and reassuring words are sometimes more powerful than medicine.
11. We wish your life to be wonderful and healthy just like you make it for us.
12. Honoring a critical part of our health care team.
13. Thank you for dedicated helping us spread the gift of Health.
14. We acknowledge and express gratitude to all doctors for their commitment to the welfare and recovery of patients.
15. Thank you to all the Doctors for selflessly caring and comforting our lives.
Interesting facts about Doctor’s Day
- Different countries celebrate Doctors Day on different days.
- In Brazil Doctor’s Day is celebrated on October 18
- In USA Doctor’s Day is celebrated on March 30.
- The first-ever Doctor’s Day was observed in the year 1933 on March 30 in the US state of Georgia.
- The first Doctor’s Day was celebrated by placing flowers on the graves of dead doctors.